Here at Movement Global; we value sustainability, positivity, a well-balanced life and long-term relationships (with staff, clothing and with customers!) Movement Globals mission is to bring functional, stylish, and eco-friendly clothing into peoples lifestyles. We are an entrepreneurial driven company, seeking outgoing and initiative-taking co-creators. If you would like to participate in an experience of style and positivity; and work in an environment that will bring out the best in yourself and everyone around you- then we would love to for you to share your skills with Movement Global!
BOWEN ISLAND SPECIAL POST: RE: MANAGER POSITION (March 27th 2015)
Movement Global, a sustainable fiber, socially responsible clothing company based on Bowen Island seeks a dynamic individual to manage the store at Artisan Square.
We have recently opened a second store in Kitsilano and need an enthusiastic, capable, efficient manager to run the Bowen store.
This position could be shared with another as two part time roles working collaboratively. “Capable with a can do attitude” and excellent written and verbal communication skills a must. This position would suit a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
We offer – a comfortable store to work in lovely Artisan Square, surrounded by a great community of neighbors and retailers. We offer you the independence to run the Movement Bowen Island store and liaison with the Kits store while being in a collaborative relationship with management. We pay competitive wages; about 30% above average retail wage and good bonuses based on reaching performance targets.
Ideally this individual(s) enjoys working independently, is efficient, organized, has experience with retail clothing sales and excellent customer service skills. This individual must be computer savvy, and genuinely enjoys the fashion industry.
Store hours are 11-5 Wed – Sunday in the winter and in the summer we are open Tuesday to Sunday and open on holiday Mondays. Must be reliable and responsible.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information see careers section www.movementglobal.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
As a sales associate you are on the ground floor and the face of Movement Global. You would have the opportunity to be a part of a creative, high-energy team that loves providing enthusiastic service and creating a fun and helpful environment. This is an entry level position and we are more than happy to see growth and development in our employees as they grow alongside the company. Everyone is required to work one weekend day.
Sales Associate Skills:
- High-energy and positive personality
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent team-player
- Dedicated to providing extraordinary guest experience
- Ability to work in high-paced and multi-faceted environment
- Creative and able to style all different types of customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and management
- Opening to giving and receiving feedback; and willingness to admit mistakes
- Problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of sales systems and computer literate
- Understanding of stocking and merchandising procedures
- The ability to communicate and pass on knowledge to next staff member through accurate record keeping.
- Dedicated and passionate about the Movement Global mission and life style.
- Prefer 1 year previously exceptional performance experience as customer educator
The right person, who demonstrates exceptional leadership and organizational abilities, would have the opportunity to become an assistant manager. The assistant manager must fulfill all the responsibilities of a sales associate while ensuring goals and targets are met and exceeded. The assistant manager works a 40hr work week (5 days) consisting of 80% time managing and educating on the retail floor.
Assistant Manager Skills (In Addition to "Sales Associate" skills listed above) :
- The ability to inspire a team and takes pride in exemplary leadership
- The ability to manage sales, projects, inventory and delegate appropriately
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with higher management.
- Good decision making abilities in line with the Movement Global mission and priorities.
- Take-full responsibility and accountability while living on purpose
- The ability to style and merchandise products
- Ability and desire to make and exceed goals
- Computer literacy required
- Prefer 1-2 years previously exceptional performance experience as customer educator
To apply please email resume to email@example.com; we will call all appropriate candidates. We look forward to you joining the Movement team whether as a customer or employee, and thank all candidates for submitting their applications.